Lakeview Senior College - Caroline Springs
Lakeview Senior College is located in the rapidly growing suburb of Caroline Springs, approximately 20 kilometres west of Melbourne. It is a government secondary school educating students from Years 10 to 12. Most Lakeview Senior College graduates pursue further education in a range of tertiary settings while others undertake professional, business or trade related training and employment. The College anticipates a student population of approximately 1015 in 2014 which means an extensive selection of subjects at each year level is available to students. Hence, every student at Lakeview Senior College is able to undertake a learning pathway tailored to their individual needs. The College maintains a learning focussed environment based on high expectations of students in which academic excellence is promoted and celebrated.
Courses for Young Adults Students at Lakeview Senior College select courses from the VCE (Victorian Certificate of Education) and VCAL (Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning). The choice of the VCE and VCAL enables students to undertake a breadth of both academic and vocational training courses. Students are also offered the flexibility of shifting between these two courses if required. Lakeview Senior College has formed successful partnerships with both the Melton and Brimbank Clusters of Schools which enables students to undertake a wider variety of VET (Vocational Education & Training) courses.
The courses offered at Lakeview Senior College facilitate the lifelong development and growth of students in an environment in which young adults can achieve and experience success and be equipped with the skills, knowledge, and desire to make worthwhile contributions to society.
In a Rich Setting Lakeview Senior College was designed as a state of the art learning institution. Its learning spaces provide students with access to the most up-to-date learning technologies. The College is currently in the process of supplying every student with a personal Netbook computer to further support their learning, both at school and at home. All classrooms at Lakeview Senior College are equipped with modern interactive whiteboards to enable teachers to deliver engaging lessons to students and to promote more effective interactions amongst students. The College also benefits from an open plan design which enables staff and students to effectively work together to ensure multiple and varied learning opportunities are available to students. Students at Lakeview Senior College also benefit from access to shared community facilities such as a well-resourced Community Library and Sport and Recreation Centres and playing fields. These facilities are within walking distance of the College.
The following pedagogical understandings underpin the academic programs delivered at Lakeview Senior College and drive the development and delivery of the curriculum:
- Learner-centred classrooms focussed on meeting individual learning needs.
- Flexible multi-use learning spaces with access to ICT facilities, to allow for cooperative and collaborative learning.
- Each student from years 10 to 12 has access to a school netbook to assist their learning.
- Strong emphasis on self-assessment, goal setting and focussed teaching.
- Belief in professional collaboration between teachers and with external professional learning providers when required.
The College has a strong focus on developing students to:
- Be committed to achieving high academic standards and working to achieve their full potential.
- Display a consistent commitment to improving skills, knowledge and higher order thinking.
- Develop self-discipline by completing class work and homework tasks.
- Value quality performance by taking pride in work completed.
- Respect the workplace and College environment.
- Participate in, and contribute to, a range of student activities available within the College to develop leadership skills and the capacity to work as a valued member of a team.
College Street Caroline Springs 3023
(03) 9219 3100
(03) 9361 9830
- Service Address